Wristlet Purse

Friday, December 4, 2009



I made this little wristlet today following the pattern in The New Handmade: Simple Sewing for Contemporary Style.  It was my first time using the zipper foot on my sewing machine and I had to get out the manual to even figure out which direction to install the foot!  But once I figured that part out, it didn't turn out to be difficult at all to sew in a zipper.

This is the second project I have completed from this book and I have several more planned.  I really like the finishing details on the projects.  Everything is topstitched, which gives a crisp and professional finish.

This little wristlet is a gift, but I like it so much I may need to make one for myself.

1 comments:

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Very nice! You are a better woman as I took out my manual on how to use the zipper foot and gave up after a good deal of time! Still have not put in a zipper. Correctly! Did one and don't know WHAT I did, so I guess I have. Did another one by hand and need to post about that project, hey! Very nice little wristlet!

Blog template © Ourblogtemplates.com, Header photo © FreeWine