First Serger Project

Friday, January 22, 2010



My first completed project with the new serger -- pajama pants for Little Man.  Although I started with a pattern, I had to heavily modify it to fit his skinny little waist.  I decided to make cuffs that are sewn with a wide stitch so we have lots of room to add length to the pants.  He has been on several growth spurts lately and is outgrowing things so fast.  I think they turned out really cute, and he was happy with them since he loved the monkey print.



It is really nifty to be able to make clothes that look professionally finished.  No more frayed edges, and much more comfortable seams against the skin.  Now to look for some time to make a matching pj top...

1 comments:

Alia said...

Wow, I hope I don't freak you out by commenting on so many posts! Love this! I bought some Christmasy fabric for both kids over the summer when home in the States for a visit and meant to make them pj pants but did not! Waaaaa!!!! I don't know what to do! Don't have a pattern, or access to one. We have tailors here that make whatever you want but I did not manage to get it to them in time as I thought I would make it. I don't have the gumption to just do it blindly either, darn it! So, I'm terribly impressed that you made this for your Little Man. Good for you!

Blog template © Ourblogtemplates.com, Header photo © FreeWine